Monday, October 12, 2009

Forever Fun #9


As a child I always enjoyed when my mom would change the furniture around in my bedroom or even in the family room. That same excitement comes from my children when we make a small change in their surroundings. I have found that rotating toys is a wonderful way for our children to enjoy the simple things and find satisfaction in playing with long-forgotten, yet long-time-loved toys. We store most of the toys and games in storage bench seats in our playroom. Every couple of months we like to rotate the toys that are accessible to the kids, and this is a fun day for each of them. It amazes me with the stories they tell as they pull out toys they haven’t seen for awhile. They can relate when they were given the toy and by whom and for what occasion. They seem to get the same happiness as if opening new gifts. When we rotate toys we also like to encourage the kids to choose some items to give to charity. This way our house doesn’t get too overtaken by stuffed animals and little trinkets. Toy rotating is also a good time to replace batteries and repair broken toys. So, give toy rotating a try. You may come to find that an organized playroom is possible, and the money to be saved by appreciating what you already have is a nice perk as well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alana! I saw this link on facebook and thought I would check it out! I hope you don't mind i looked and added it to my list on my blog. Feel free to check ours out too!

    ReplyDelete