Friday, February 4, 2011

Forever Fun #11


I am a person who likes to be busy and feel a sense of accomplishment. Well, I have been sick for a couple of days and tonight my sense of accomplishment came by taking a break from being busy and just soaking in the joy of having children. Aaron was gone for the evening, which meant I would tackle four busy children solo. I wasn't sure how this would go, but it proved to be so worthwhile. I took a break from household tasks and just sat on the couch and watched my kids play. The boys wrestled (no major injuries, so that's a perk), the girls each had notebooks and were designing prom dresses (something I've never known they liked doing), and I quietly watched them. It was the most productive I've been in a very long time. I should take a sick day more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment