Monday, February 21, 2011

Forever Fun #12

I just read a chapter in Richard Carlson's book "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff with Your Family" and I liked how he emphasized the importance of scheduling time for kindness:
"This scheduled time for kindness is reserved for doing something (anything) thoughtful for someone else. Sometimes I use this time to write a heartfelt letter to someone I love or appreciate, write a check to charity, or make a phone call to someone for no other reason than to say "I love you." Other times, I'll reflect on ways I can contribute to society in more effective ways, or think of ways in which I might contribute in a positive way to someone else's life." We can all benefit from focusing on more kindness and love in all aspects of our lives, and our families will be strengthened as this becomes a daily focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment